1894 -It was the first commercial motion picture house. :-A public Kinetoscope (a device for peep-show viewing of films) parlor was opened by the Holland Bros. in New York City at 1155 Broadway, on the corner of 27th Street. The venue had 10 machines, set up in parallel rows of 5, each showing a different movie. For 25 cents a viewer could see all the films in either row; half a dollar gave access to the entire bill. Interior view of a Kinetoscope with the peephole viewer at the top of the cabinet